Friday, June 26, 2009

Weekly review#6 ...6/22/09

Lets start with the obvious...if you're wondering what took so long for this review, let me explain. As I usually do, I sat down in front of the tube on Monday night with popcorn in my hand ready to watch another exciting episode of the Bachelorette. For those of you with short memories, this episode included Jillian doing a train with the guys in the Canadian Rockies. The show started with Jillian and Robby on a "one on one" date. Robby, who is a bartender, started the date by asking Jillian what she wanted to drink, she replied, and he made the drink. Apparently this was the highlight of the date for Jillian, as shortly thereafter, she dumped him. But this wasn't just another Bachelorette "dumping". No, this time the ABC producers came up with a new idea to make the contrived drama look even more ridiculous. You see, once Jillian told Robby he wasn't getting a rose, the train stopped and Robby was forced to get off - in the middle of the Rockies. That's right, the poor sap Robby not only got dumped by Jillian, but he was forced to get off the fricken train ! Fortunately, one could see a van waiting along the tracks waiting to pick up Robby for his long drive back to wherever the hell he came from. Hell, I'm waiting for ABC to script another one of those goofy helicopter dates for Jillian. I can see it now, while in the helicopter Jillian tells one of the guys that he isn't getting a rose, and at the urging of ABC, Jillian tells the dude he must jump out in mid-air. Now that would be a great way to create excitement in what has otherwise been a dull season. (Lets just hope ABC supplies the parachute.) Which leads me to why I didn't write a review for this episode last week. Its really a simple explanation...shortly after the Robby segment, I fell asleep. That's right, I fell asleep and missed the rest of the episode. But from what I've heard, I didn't miss much, and since we all know who the finalists will be, it didn't matter anyway.

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to see Wes fall out of a helicopter. The guy is a creep.

    ReplyDelete